As we all know, it’s that time of year when motorcycles get on the road. As the weather warms up, it’s time to check your insurance coverage and be ready in case the worst happens. Please check out our previous posts in this series on a variety of issues to be aware of. Here, we’ll give you advice on what to do if you are in an accident.
- Most importantly, make sure to get to a safe place and contact the authorities.
- Get all of the other driver’s information, including name, address, insurance information, and license plate number. Photos of their drivers license, insurance card, and license plate are ideal.
- Take photographs of the scene; do so before the vehicles are moved if you can do so safely. Be sure to get photos of any damage to all involved vehicles. If it’s a commercial vehicle, take pictures of any signage on the vehicle.
- File a police report. Sometimes in Philadelphia the police won’t come to the scene. Go to the police district office and let them know you want to file a report.
- Seek treatment as needed, and make sure to tell your provider your injuries were caused by a motor vehicle accident.
- Don’t give any formal statements to the other driver’s insurance.
- Call an attorney. You can reach us at (856) 273-6679 or (215) 567-1530.